Re: Look & feel, future plans

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Look & feel, future plans
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 16:17:08 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Ian Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There is / was a patch for Mac style menus:
>
> http://www.webology/daniel/
>
> I found the idea very neat when I saw it a while back. I actually find the
> behaviour of the NeXT style menus a little annoying when you have a lot of
> applications, often find myself chasing menus or them just poping up in my
> way when I just want to move an app window. At least with the Mac style menu
> it is always in one place. I heard the argument about having to trail across
> a lot of screen space to get to your menu compared to NeXT style, but that
> depends where you leaft the menu the last time you opened the app. Having to
> trail across you desktop is simply a failure to provide adequate key bindings
> nothing more IMHO.

Well, you don't have to move the menus to somewhere else if you do not want to.
Further you may access the menus in NEXTSTEP by clicking the right mouse button
so that they show up directly under your mouse pointer w/o changing their real
location.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert     |  VNET# 559-1565
Core Rendering           |  Office: +41 (0)32 732 15 65