Re: Proposal question.

From: Tim Harrison
Subject: Re: Proposal question.
Date: Wed, 08 May 2002 15:34:14 -0400

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

I compared the proposal to Apples Filesystem Hierarchy and found it to be very similar. I like that. Since I had nothing to criticize I did not reply. Hence my silence.

My main concern was that I know of no other method of seeing a proposal through to adoption regarding GNUstep. When nothing was said, I couldn't be sure if there was interest, or if people had issues with the document, or if there were plans to implement it.

I'm glad you like it, though. The more it's applicable, the better the chances of affecting change, if needed. And, in my humble, non-coder-like opinion, this change could be extremely beneficial to GNUstep. Not only for organisation sake, but in helping Cocoa developers feel more comfortable on GNUstep.

--

Tim Harrison
tim@linuxstep.org