Re: Modal windows

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Modal windows
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:00:15 +0100

On Wednesday, July 3, 2002, at 11:49 AM, mdurkac@pobox.sk wrote:

Hi,

I am very surprised and disappointed with long lasting serious bug in
GNUstep (v 0.7, 0.75). So basic feature as modal loop and modal windows
do not work correctly. When window is opened as modal ([NSApp
runModalForWindow: myWindow];) application menu will continue in
processing all events (mouse, keyboard).

I believe that this behavior is deliberate, not a bug (the window of the
menu is set to worksWhenModal to ensure that the menu gets events so changing this would be trivial) - so I guess it's the way it is because people think the
current behavior is correct.

Certainly I can see that having menus stop working could be a very bad thing.

It may well not be the MacOS-X behavior of course - I don't know what people
think about changing it.