Re: NSSound and gsnd

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: NSSound and gsnd
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:37:30 -0400

I just found out that FreeBSD also support virtual sound channels
(see handbook), which makes life more easy.
If most platforms support multiple channels,
the sound daemon is actually not necessary.
I remembered BSD and Linux use OSS by default,
which means they all support virtual multiple channels.
Have no idea about Mac and Windows.

By the way, there is an another audio output library, DBMix,
(equivalent to portaudio) worthy to consider.
I think the most important part is the built-in mixer.
http://dbmix.sourceforge.net/

Yen-Ju