Problem with an undefined symbol

From: Brice Favre
Subject: Problem with an undefined symbol
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 11:27:50 +0200

Hi everyone,

I recently tried to install GNUstep from CVS on GNU/Debian with the help of
this document :  http://gnustep-apps.org/fabien/misc/howtoinstallgnustep.html
(Thanks to Xavier and Fabien).

When i executed GNUstep.sh, i had this error :
/usr/GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services:
relocation error:
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so.1:
undefined symbol: xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue

Indeed, this symbol is undefined in libgnustep-base.so.1 :
> nm
/usr/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/libgnustep-base.so.1
| grep xmlGetWarn
        U xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue

I have a GNU/Debian Sarge. libxml2 version 2.4.23 is installed, and i tried
that :
nm libxml2.a | grep xmlGetW
         U xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue
         U xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue
000001b8 T __xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue
00000028 D xmlGetWarningsDefaultValue

I don't know what to do now and i'm looking for help to resolve this problem.
Thanks for your help.

Brice.

PS : When this problem will be solved, I promise to use GNUMail :)