Re: Problem with an undefined symbol

From: brice
Subject: Re: Problem with an undefined symbol
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:41:39 +0200

On Tuesday 13 August 2002 16:44, you wrote:

>     BF> Hi everyone, I recently tried to install GNUstep from CVS on
>     BF> GNU/Debian [...]
>
> I think you mean "Debian GNU/Linux." Unless you're using the Hurd or
> BSD kernel ports.

Yes i used a wrong denomination.

> Is there a really good reason you're not doing:
>
>    apt-get install gnustep-make gnustep-base1 gnustep-gui0

Because CVS versions are funnier.

> ? There are packages in Sarge for all the important GNUstep software;
> a command like:
>
>    apt-cache search GNUstep
>
> ...should show you all the stuff you want. It would probably save you
> time and hassle.

But it doesn't work. Now, i have this problem :
> . /usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services:
relocation error:
/usr/lib/GNUstep/System/Tools/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services:
undefined symbol: __objc_class_name_NSConstantString

>     BF> PS : When this problem will be solved, I promise to use
>     BF> GNUMail :)
>
>     apt-get install gnumail

Maybe one day...

Thanks anyway. I will try on my other machine (maybe there is a conflict in
this one).

Brice.