Re: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: best OS for using gnustep on tiBook?
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:24:51 +0100

On Friday, August 30, 2002, at 08:16 PM, David Wetzel wrote:

Laptops are a bit different. I would stress design more than on a server. Try if the fan is quiet. With a PC you can run *BSD, Linux, win and other fancy options. On a Mac, you get cool design, higher prices and slower processors. If you want MacOS, buy a mac. If you want something else, save the money for your next machine.

Depends what you want it for ... I have a powerbook because I can run it for 10 hours off batteries (well, 7 hours if I'm using the processor intensively) which copes with the long journeys I take every few weeks. Not having to carry several extra batteries around is
worth a lot to me.