Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: "multiple inheritence" / behavior
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:54:16 +0100

Alexander Malmberg wrote:

IMO, behaviors is (yet another :) useful and neat feature objective-c
gives us. It is perhaps a bit too advanced for us to plug extensively,
but the header should be installed (or moved to libobjc and installed by
it instead?), although I think the warnings should remain there.

I'd like to second this motion...

I noticed that we seem to have two versions of behavior.m active at the moment.
core/base/Source/behavior.m
dev-libs/extensions/extensions/behabior.m
and the seem rather different.

This discussion leads me to believe that we soon might have yet another behavior.m in another library of framework. (Manuel?)

I understand that this is a very advanced feature and I personally have decided to avoid it as much as I can, due to some of it's debuging implications, but it does seem to make sense in certain situations. Therefor I wish to second Alex's proposal to make behavior.h public (in base for now, depending on whether it should ever be part of objc) and use one version consistantly.
Cheers,
Dave