Re: State of W- and E- Objects?

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: State of W- and E- Objects?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:21:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:35:34 +0800 Steve Núñez <nunez@helios.net> wrote:
 >| I know there was an announcement a few days ago about a 4.x compatible
 >| version of EOFoundations being made available. Does anyone have any
 >| pointers to the current state of WebObjects (4.x) and EO that work with
 >| GNUStep? Perhaps a web site that explains their current state,
 >| documentations, etc.?

About GDL2 and GNUstepWeb, there's not a lot of documentation.
I update wiki.gunstep.org (http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstepWeb) when I
find
something interesting to document. Later, I'll put this in GNUstepWeb
documentation.
About gdl2, there's an old document:
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/gdl_2.html
I've added an entry in wiki: http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GDL2

 >| I've seen the gnustepweb.org site, but it seems quite
 >| out of date (hopefully that means it's mature and stable software...)

It works pretty well even if there's still some work to be done.

 >| Are these ready to be used in a quasi-production environment?

We'll using it in production environment in few days/weeks but we take lot of
time to make tests
and validate applications needed feature. I can't say GNUstepWeb is completely
ready for production
currently. GDL2 have some missing features and probably some bugs :-)

Manuel

Manuel Guesdon - ORANGE CONCEPT <mguesdon@orange-concept.com>
14 rue Jean-Baptiste Clement  -  93200 Saint-Denis  -  France
Tel: +33 1 4940 0997  -  Fax: +33 1 4940 0998