Re: Horizontal menus.

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 17:04:26 +0100

Jefferson Harlough wrote:

> Is there any way (patches, perhaps) to use horizontal menus instead of the
> NeXT-ish vertical menus?

A theme bundle can do things like this (it shouldn't be a patch).

> I'm thinking more of horizontal menus as found it
> many existing environments and applications, local to a specific application
> window rather than the horizontal Mac OS-style menubar across the top of the
> entire screen.

A mac-style menu is certainly possible. A windows-style menu probably
isn't. Applications often don't have windows at all, and when they do,
how would you know to which window(s) the menu should be attached?
(Detaching a menu window when there are no windows, and somewhat
intelligent guessing about what windows to attach to might make it
usable, but not pretty.)

>    Thanks,
>       Jefferson Harlough

- Alexander Malmberg