Re: Horizontal menus.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus.
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 19:00:20 +0100

Pete French writes:
> > isn't. Applications often don't have windows at all, and when they do,
> > how would you know to which window(s) the menu should be attached?
>
> OpenStep will not start an App without any windows, and it puts the
> menu bar along the top of every Window. The former behaviout used to
> make porting code over from OS4.2 to NT a bit of a pain, but the
> latter actually works really well, oddly enough.
>
> -bat.

What kind of OpenStep do you use?

Mine (OPENSTEP 4.2) does start applications without any windows.

You  can even launch  applications without  any menu  (actually, since
menus are windows on OPENSTEP, I've already stated that).

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not