Re: KHTML in GNUStep?

From: Jason Clouse
Subject: Re: KHTML in GNUStep?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:41:14 -0500

<<Why is everyone so narrow-focused on Gecko/Mozilla anyway?>>

Probably just because the project has more publicity.

<<Even Gecko/Mozilla developer admit that it's bloated, compared to
KHTML, and doesn't implement HTML4 or (even) CSS1 (let alone CSS2) as
close as should be...>>

I don't really know too much about it.  But if KHTML does a better job of
compliance and rendering, is smaller and tighter, then that's obviously
what should be used.  I just assumed that Gecko was more robust and
bug-free, since they've been working on it so long.  Maybe that's an
incorrect assumption.  I've been using the latest Phoenix browser and the
rendering stuff looks pretty good.  But the memory usage is still very
high.

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com