Re: ANNOUNCE : HelpViewer 0.1

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE : HelpViewer 0.1
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 03:31:49 -0500

ibotty wrote:

> > Ah !  in fact I was right then .. ;-) you get the whole help file,
> > you're juste poited to the right section. Quite different than tooltip
> > then
>
> sorry, but i understand context sensitive help differently.

In other words, you only know one way to do it and that is obviously the
right way because it's the only way you know.

> this kind of help is in my understanding a (huge) tooltip.
> thats how at least kde and windoze understand it too.

KDE and Windows are wrong in lots of ways. :)

> i think we shouldnt differ from both.
>
> i just checked my kde.
> in kde you have a extra window hint for context help.
> you just click it, then the view, and it displays a tooltip.
> (if not in kwin, open e.g. kcontrol and click help->"whats this?" in the
> menu, you get the same.)

This is one of those brain-damaged things that are showing up in the new
KDE and GNOME desktops. It's stupid in Windows, and it's no less stupid in
KDE/GNOME - they're just aping Windows's interfaces without understanding
them.