Re: Gnustep guile crash

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Gnustep guile crash
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:06:01 +0100

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 11:29  pm, Damien Genet wrote:

Hi,

Le mer 28/05/2003 à 15:21, Damien Genet a écrit :
There's seems to be a bug in gnustep-guile, I can't declare a new method
containing a structure as a parameter. Or am I doing something wrong ?

Can any gnustep-guile expert look at this problem, or may help us to
debug it ? (our project ends Friday, but nevertheless we can survive
without this ;)

I think I've fixed that in cvs.

We also have an other problem with gnustep-guile, if we call an ObjC
method containing an AUTORELEASE from a guile script, the script crash
with a seg fault.
(So we are doing a '#define AUTORELEASE(_e) (_e)' everywhere, wich is
not really a solution...)

Sounds very strange ... are you sure you are not simply releasing the
object too many times?  gstep-guile will retain it and release it later,
so an error in the retain count in your objc code can show up when
guile performs its garbage collection.