Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 19:01:28 +0200

On 2003-06-11 18:35:18 +0200 David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:

Andreas Heppel wrote:

Does anyone have advice for me?

Use Renaissance? ;-)
Well, I am currently happy that I have mastered Gorm so far. Renaissance may be the next step on the ladder to GNUstep success :-)

No seriously, I don't consider myself a typical "Gorm" user, so please bear with me. But isn't there a analogous system font scheme as there is for NSColor? I.e. shouldn't Gorm use some "place holder" font for systemFontOfSize: if the font isn't explicitly set?
That's what I thought. But no. The files contain the systemFontOfSize used when creating the window layout. And as I've said before, I don't think it's really a Gorm issue, as the screen objects are simply dumped using the serializer. But maybe I am totally wrong somewhere.

I really don't know, but that still doesn't guarantee you, that things will fit if the system fonts are extremly large (for a sight impaired user for example). This could be solved with Renaissance though :-)
That's right. Looks like Renaissance was the only solution to this problem.

Any other ideas someone?

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel

Mail: aheppel at web dot de
Home: http://www.andreasheppel.de

Check out Burn.app - the CD burning frontend for GNUstep
http://gsburn.sourceforge.net