Re: Fonts in .gorm files

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Fonts in .gorm files
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 22:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

--- David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:
> Gregory John Casamento wrote:
>
> >The current CVS version of Gorm and GUI support using default fonts.  The
> user
> >can select if the system, user, menu or etc font should be used.  This will
> >unarchive to the appropriate font on any given system.
> >
> >This functionality was added yesterday or the day before.
> >
> Great! This is exactly what Gorm should do!

Thanks.

> >   Renaissance is not the only solution.
> >

> Please don't take this personal.  Gorm is the right tool for certain
> situations.  But Andreas asked for a guarantee, that the contents of
> controls won't get clipped, no matter how large the system/menu/user
> font is.  Gorm (nor IB) just cannot insure this.  This can be done with
> Renaissance.  That doesn't mean that Renaissance doesn't have other
> drawbacks.  (Like you don't get WYSIWYG layout.)  Choose the tool that
> best fits your needs.

Nope.  I didn't take it personally.   I thought your were saying that you
couldn't specify a "default" or "preferred" font in Gorm.  And I wanted you
guys to know that now you can. :)

> Cheers,
> David

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---