Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??

From: Sungjin Chun
Subject: Re: Why is GNUstep less successful than GTK and Qt??
Date: 12 Jun 2003 14:18:33 +0900

I have somewhat different idea. The main problem is accessibility.
If someone wants to use GNUstep, (I mean environment like GNOME or
KDE) how he/she can get it currently? Current status of GNUstep is
for developers not ordinary users. Integration between WindowMaker
is not perfect and no total packages like GNOME or KDE. I think we
need more time to make libraries and some basic applications robust,
then create an easy to install package. Then we can make people to
try GNUstep as a computing environment.
Personally current UI design(or NeXT's design) is very good to me, and
from my experience with other people in my company, the beauty of
UI is not important. UI Consistency is more important to them.

Bye.