Re: First Impressions of GNUStep

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: First Impressions of GNUStep
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:32:37 +0200

Charles Philip Chan writes:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:39:05 +0200
> Raphael Bosshard <whistler@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
> > - Where is the taskbar, dammit? It's quite a change if you are used to
> > Gnome (in my case) or KDE. Heck, even OSX has a "taskbar" these days.
>
> GNUstep doesn't use a taskbar- it uses a dock like in OS X. So far
> people have been using the one in Window Maker, but since GNUstep is
> moving away from Window Maker, the dock needs to be reimplemented. Maybe
> some one can update the dock app that was available in the early days of
> GNUstep? In the mean time you can use Window Maker.

The dock is a feature of the Workspace Manager.

I  think  it should  be  implemented  in  GWorkspace, along  with  the
recycler (with an option for a black hole instead ;-).

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.