Re: First Impressions of GNUStep

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: First Impressions of GNUStep
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:36:22 -0400

On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 13:52:49 -1000
cehardin@mac.com wrote:

> I am doing just that! http://www.sf.net/projects/gsdock

Oh great, you are reviving gsdock.

> It's basicaly an OS X like dock but on the right side of the screen
> and has next tiles....  It will also have a recycler built in.

On one hand, I agree with Pascal Bourguignon <pjb@informatimago.com>. I
think gsdock should be integrate with GWorkspace.app, especially since
GWorkspace.app alright have a recycler. Maybe you can collaborate with
Enrico. On the other hand, having the dock as a separate app will open
up the possibility of more than one file manager for GNUstep.

> I have icons I  made!  I am willing to make more if anyone's
> interested!  some examples are attached:

Very nice, I would like to see more :-).

Charles

--
"The move was on to 'Free the Lizard'"

  -- Jim Hamerly and Tom Paquin (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and
Associates)