Re: of applications for gnustep...

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: of applications for gnustep...
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 19:46:04 +0200

    Pete> The only cause I have ever had to use ObjC++
    Pete> was to attach an Objective C backend to an existing C++
    Pete> application

My most usefull example of ObjC++ is with MiscTableScroll (the name
may be wrong), part of the MiscKit: for efficiency the author decided
to code the low level aspects in C++ and completely hide them under an
ObjC skin. It surely is/was a great component, very fast and
usable. That said, very few braves followed that path.

I don't know if it could coded directly in ObjC without compromising
the speed...

ciao, lele.
--
nickname: Lele Gaifax   | Quando vivrò di quello che ho pensato ieri
real: Emanuele Gaifas   | comincerò ad aver paura di chi mi copia.