Installing gimp with libraries in a non-standard place

From: Gebhart, Mark A
Subject: Installing gimp with libraries in a non-standard place
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:36:03 -0500

Hi,
I am trying to install gimp-1.0.4 and when I run the configure script I get warnings saying that the:
aa

mpeg
xpm
png
jpeg
plugins will not be built because it can not find the associated .h files. On my system these files are installed under /opt/sfw/include. Anyone know if there is a way to get configure to look somewhere else beside the standard places. I have tried different flags but have had no luck with --includedir=/opt/sfw or --with-incs-from=/opt/sfw.

Thanks in advance,
Mark