Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf

From: Fabien VALLON
Subject: Re: GWorkspace.app Feature Request-- Tabbed Shelf
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:53:31 +0200

Nicolas Roard (nicolas@roard.com) a écrit:
> On 2003-06-26 21:43:56 +0000 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> >I was only toying around with this a bit, as it did look a lot more
> >interesting than getting the rest of the GCC 3.3 warnings out of GUI.
>
> ok :-))
>
> >If Enrico already has an implementation this surely is better than what I
> >have got.
> >
> >The "thumbnailer" application confuses me a bit. Who would be starting
> >this? I could see GWorkspace doing this but it is hard to see NSWorksapce
> >in that role.

I agree.
IMO this is not a NSWorkspace role.
I began to implement a sort of cache for GW (including images for
a specified size, and a sort of dataSource for fileViewers)
I don't know if enrico use it.
For thumbnail, I would like to see a sort of "better" ToyAlbum.
An app that can show thumnails of course + slide show (with effects beetwen
images)  + create an Album (document based) + export in html/php... +
dnd/services.....
This app will call ToyViewer/ImageViewer ... for display/modify an image

Fabien

--
Fabien VALLON - fabien.vallon@fr.alcove.com
Ingénieur Informatique Libre  - Alcôve -  http://www.alcove.com