Re: GWorkspace Suggestions

From: Christopher Culver
Subject: Re: GWorkspace Suggestions
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:18:33 +0300

On 2003-06-30 00:05:57 +0300 Stefan Urbanek <urbanek@host.sk> wrote:
Sometimes I would like to see, for example, file size under the icon, or creation date there ... or, as it was in lates GW discussion, I would like to see thumbnail of document, or real song and author name in a MP3 file.

Please no. I moved from Nautilus to GWorkspace because it was slimmer and didn't have bloat like this.

The specifics of a document should only be in the Inspector (though File Size may be an exception). That's what the inspector is for, it keeps the main window UI clean.

All this can make navigation of filesystem much more faster and there are occasions where you will find what you are looking for quickier. Sure, I can use Inspector to see all those things ... but I have to select particular file to be able to see it.

Or you can keep the Inspector open and move through the directory with the arrow keys until what you want appears up in the Inspector.

Christopher Culver