Re: Some more GWorkspace suggestions

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: Some more GWorkspace suggestions
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:41:04 +0200

> * GWorkspace currently has the Inspector "Access Control". Since its
> functionality (showing and editing of file permissions) already
> exists in the Attributes inspector, I think "Access Control" should
> be removed.

please no,
there are other uses of access control. i have an ugly patch, so that you can
edit mac's on freebsd with this tab. i think i could (in the remote future,
when linux finally gets real mac's) make it more generic...
but please do not simply disable this tab...

> * The "DeskTop" (sic) preferences panel should be changed to simply
> "Background". If people see the word desktop, they may assume they
> can leave files there. What GWorkspace creates is more accurately
> described as a Background, IMHO.

but they can leave files there...
i do not, but they can.

~ibotty