Re: Default values for the standard fonts

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: Default values for the standard fonts
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 20:07:00 +0200

I've committed this now, along with a few other related minor behavior
and documentation changes (so behavior and documentation should match
now).

Benhur Stein wrote:
[snip]
> One step further would be, if NSBoldFont is not defined, to take a heavier
> version
> of NSFont, (similarly for NSUserFixedPitchFont). This way, by changing only
> one default
> value one could change all fonts.
> All this supposing that font trait changing works in NSFontManager.

Getting NSBoldFont from NSFont is possible (and basic trait changing
seems to work correctly), but I haven't done this now. Getting the fixed
pitch font wouldn't work as there usually aren't fixed pitch and
non-fixed pitch faces in the same family. Vera Sans and Vera Sans Mono
count as different families, just like Arial/Courier New and
Helvetica/Courier.

- Alexander Malmberg