Re: Default values for the standard fonts

From: Benhur Stein
Subject: Re: Default values for the standard fonts
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 14:53:26 -0300

On 2003-07-01 12:33:14 -0300 Alexander Malmberg <alexander@malmberg.org> wrote:

This way, switching to using the Vera fonts (or the MS webfonts or any
other set of fonts) would only require three defaults changes:

defaults write NSFont BitstreamVeraSans-Roman
defaults write NSBoldFont BitstreamVeraSans-Bold
defaults write NSUsedFixedPitchFont BitstreamVeraSansMono-Roman

Any objections? Comments? Thoughts?

Great! I had this exact problem when trying the art backend (it didn't have the
same
fonts I used with xlib, and xlib didn't have the fonts I was using with art
when I went back to xlib).

One step further would be, if NSBoldFont is not defined, to take a heavier
version
of NSFont, (similarly for NSUserFixedPitchFont). This way, by changing only one
default
value one could change all fonts.
All this supposing that font trait changing works in NSFontManager.

Benhur