Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: [RFC] Header organization of -base & -gui
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 17:54:16 +0100 (BST)

> - NeXT/Apple runtime is known/believed to perform better than GNU
> runtime.

Hmmm.  Do you have benchmarks ?  I'd be interested in them if you have.

I thought this was a confused matter open to discussion, with pros and
cons on each side.

But the Apple runtime performs better on class method invocations - that's
a fact (I hoped to have the time to fill the gap at some point, but I
never found that time <wishful sigh>).  The GNU runtime has typed
selectors though, and it's more portable.