Renaissance and EOInterface

From: Dirk Lattermann
Subject: Renaissance and EOInterface
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 19:52:43 +0200

Hello all,

I have a vague idea of using Renaissance with GDL2 and MulleEOInterface.
Has someone tried something similar already?

I see two possible ways:

In the first, I create some auxiliary classes that are able to construct
data sources, display groups and associations and initialize them using
the <instance> tag. They should be controllable by setting some
attributes in the gsmarkup file (which entity name for the data source,
which aspects, display groups and keys for the associations).
I didn't get very far with this, one reason being
that the key value setting of arbitrary attributes seems to not work
with string values, only references (ids) to other objects may be
set up this way, I think.

The second way would be to create new tags for data sources, display
groups and associations. This seems more promising, especially for the
associations, because they must be set up in a multi-step manner
(connecting several aspects to some display groups and keys and then
calling -establishConnection. Would this be something feasible?
How much effort would it be to add something like this to Renaissance?

Greetings,
Dirk