Re: [Q] How a method in a category added ?

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: [Q] How a method in a category added ?
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 14:10:23 +0100

> Category system does not work on Windows, for example, in EDCommon, a new
> method for NSString class is

That interesting - categories should be in gcc and nothing to do with
GNUstep. I wrote objective C under windows for many years (using cygwin)
and used category methods all the time - they seemed to work fine.
You have to make sure that the object file containing the method is linked
into the application somehow though. If its in a library then this doesnt
seem to happen automatically. I used to explicity put all my category
methods into separate .o's and link them explicity rather than trying to
get them out of a library.

-bat.