Re: Makefile packages do not work oon OSX due to use of -traditional-cpp

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Makefile packages do not work oon OSX due to use of -traditional-cpp
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 12:13:30 +0100

> I'm not sure why -traditional-cpp is there and my Apple is a few thousands
> kilometers away so I can't check, but if when you remove it everything
> works Ok, maybe we should just remove it. :-)

I dont remember either - but I do know that ading -traditional-cpp is/was
fairly standard practice when porting code to OpenStep (I've done it myself
numeruou times). I just cant remember what happens if you *dont* do it.
It was definitely necessary back then, whener it is still so I dont know.
Maybe that flag is left over from the nx-nx-nx configuration ?

The comment in the makefile reads -
# Not sure why, but without -no-cpp-precomp, it doesn't compile
# plain C files.

My apple system too is some distance away, but through the magic of ssh
I can give it a shot. It works fine for a project which only
contains .m files, and I just tried it on one with .c files so
maybe its O.K. without it these days ?

-bat.