Re: More recent CVS woes...

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: More recent CVS woes...
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:54:41 +0100

> I can only think that this is a system specific problem due to the tweaks
> I did a couple of weeks ago.  I've disabled those changes in cvs ...
> please give it a try ...if it fixes things, we can continue to try to work
> out exactly what's going on.

O.K., will do. It'll have to wait until this evening though - I can
compile it from here on ssh, but I am not sure how to test it
remotely (though I guess I could just see if it spwans multiple gdnc
processes).

I am loathe to do this on my work machine as if it fails I will then have
lost my only working GNUstep enviornment...

> Did you say you were running bsd rather than linux?

Yes, FreeBSD 4.8. What were the chnages you made ? Were they in networking
code ? I think this is one of the areas where UNIX and Linux have some
differences. One of the first changes I ever submitted to GNUstep was
a fix for one of the gdnc/gdomap type programs to make it find interfaces
properly under FreeBSd as I recall...

cheers,

-bat.