Re: [objc-improvements] Initial Check-In

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements] Initial Check-In
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:01:41 +0200

Ziemowit Laski wrote:

Thanks for your feedback; I'll take a look at the problem very shortly.

Could someone point me at the gnustep sources that I could use to test out my ObjC changes? Thank you.

Hello Zem,

sure, try:

http://www.gnustep.org/
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html

for links to the latest release or

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=99

for cvs. Feel free to ask for help on how to setup it up, but for starters skim over the GNUstep-HOWTO in the gnustep-make package:
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnustep/gnustep/core/make/GNUstep-HOWTO?rev=1.26&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

or try the detailed install guide provided by Dennis Leeuw at:

http://gnustep.made-it.com/
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BuildGuide/index.html

You'll need to install -make, source the installed /usr/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.[sh/csh] and then you should be able to configure and build -base. (Well building won't work until the bug is fixed, of course :-) )

If you like, you can ask me for help privately, but I guess we'll have a timezone issue. Yet I'm sure other people on discuss-gnustep can also help you out.

Cheers,
David