Re: RFC: Gorm and Project Center Integration

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: RFC: Gorm and Project Center Integration
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 07:19:55 -0700 (PDT)

--- Dirk Theisen <d.theisen@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi, Gregory!
>
> First, thanks for your work on Gorm.
>
> > Under MOSX and OPENSTEP a certain amount of integration is present
> > between Interface Builder and Project Builder.  Currently, under
> > GNUstep, there is almost no integration between Project Center and
> > Gorm.
> [snip]
> > Please let me know your comments.
>
> What kind  of integration are you thinking of?

Under OPENSTEP, there were some methods in the InterfaceBuilder framework which
Probject Builder might call to get information about settings within
InterfaceBuilder.   There were also methods which, I suppose, PB would
implement so that IB could call them to notify PB of a change (a new interface
file, etc...)

> Unter OPENSTEP and OS X I basically see file change notifications going
> back and forth between the two.

There was a little more than that.

> This, I think could be handled by distributed notifications in a
> loosely coupled and generic way without PC depending on GormLib (no
> offence!).

None taken.  If we can find a way to make them work together in a reasonable
way which keeps one from being dependent on the other, that's fine. ;)

> Greetings,
>     Dirk

Later, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento
-- bheron on #gnustep, #linuxstep, & #gormtalk ----------------
Please sign the petition against software patents at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/pasp01/petition.html
Petition to make Lighthouse Application Suite Free Software at:
http://www.petitiononline.com/laafs/petition.html
--- Main Developer of Gorm (featured in April Linux Journal) ---