Re: gnustep beginner

From: Nicolas Roard
Subject: Re: gnustep beginner
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:19:35 +0100

On 2003-08-11 16:20:48 +0000 Manuel Teira <manuel.teira@softhome.net> wrote:

I also had a lot of problems with the debian packages. At least in the unstable
distribution, that I'm using, the packages were broken a week ago.

Well, I installed GNUstep on a computer today (running debian sid), using
debian packages, and I had the same problem ... no font with back-xlib and grey
font color or no font with back-art and black background sometimes...
And there was yet another strange thing IMHO. While all buttons were dark
grey a background was white.

If somebody has been able to understand what I've tried to say here (I'm
not sure my knowledge of English is fine), please, give me some clues
about what can be the the reason for such the behaviour or what I should
do to understand it.

I also suffered the same extrange behaviour in the first tests I made.
Unfortunately I don't know the reason. Anyway, I downloaded the CVS version of
the gnustep core and downloaded a set of fonts from www.gnustep.de and those
problems went away.

Hm :-/ the problem is that I removed the packages, checked out the cvs (using
alex_latest_semistable tag), rebuild everything... and still has the problem !!

Anybody has an idea what's going on ???

--
Nicolas Roard <nicolas@roard.com> PGP :
http://www.roard.com/download/key.gpg.asc