Notice of Pending Litigation

From: Pascal J . Bourguignon
Subject: Notice of Pending Litigation
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 03:07:46 +0200

John Anderson writes:
> I want my "freedom" to use GNUstep more firmly established.
>
> So, to clarify status of GNUstep in terms of intellectual property law,
> I am preparing to file a lawsuit against Apple Computer, Inc. in United
> States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern
> Division.
>
> In lay terms, I will be seeking a declaration from the Court that
> GNUstep does not infringe on any rights that Apple Computer may have
> and to the extent that it does, Apple has granted GNUstep an
> irrevocable license.
>
> Because the legal system in the United States operates on the basis of
> precedent, this could impact your "freedom" to use GNUstep.  For
> example, it is possible that the Court could find that GNUstep is
> actually an unlawful derivative of  Apple's copyrights or infringes on
> Apple's patents.  So, you may want to seek legal counsel for advice on
> how to respond to this.

So you're saying that the legal system is so contradictory that nobody
can determine  whether he's a criminal  or not. So to  be sure, you're
going to  ask a  judge whether it's  ok to  be doing what  you've been
doing.

Perhaps you should spend your  time and energy on reforming your legal
system (may  I suggest  the guillotine for  all the  lawyers?), rather
than further giving it undue importance?

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
Do not adjust your mind, there is a fault in reality.