Re: ANN: Gps 0.2

From: Jak
Subject: Re: ANN: Gps 0.2
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:52:42 +0200

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:58:04 +0300
Enrico Sersale <enrico@imago.ro> wrote:

> Ok, if all agree, I'll name it Galileo.

Isn't there a risk that this name is protected by some intellectual
properties rights ? I know that it's an annoying subject, but because
your project is at its beginning, it doesn't matter to change the
name now. And remember Mozilla/Phoenix, KIllustrator ...

However, I like this name. But if it must be changed, can I propose this
one :
Galinass

I explain that : Gali, because of Galileo, the European localisation
system, and nass, because of Glonass, the Russian one.

Ah, in French, this name could be assimilated with « Gallinacé », which
is the term designing birds from the family of the cock. I don't know if
it could be a bad or a good point :)

Jakob

--
Free your mind, and your OS will follow.