ANN: Beginners Guide to Objective-C Programming

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: Beginners Guide to Objective-C Programming
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 14:20:53 +0200

Hi all,

I decided to do a release early, don't know yet about often of this Guide.

Since the last version a lot has changed. All C examples are now Objective-C examples. Reorganized the guide. And now hope that the chapters 1 and 2 are more or less stable.

I am currently investing a lot of time on chapter 3.

The most important change imho is the fact that I decided to not include GNUstep programming. While working on this Guide it became clear to me that GNUstep is not Objective-C and the other way round. The most important thing being that NSObject does not inherit from Object (thanks Ludovic).

So this Guide will be about Objective-C and maybe later I or someone else can write a GNUstep programming guide (e.g. the Guide by Yen-ju).

This being said I also created a new home for the Programming Guide:
http://gnustep.made-it.com/BG-objc/

This version still has the actress example in it, although I have not decided yet on the remarks by Nicolas Roard.

Happy Stepping,

Dennis Leeuw