Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an officialm ascot.

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: Are we too serious these days? Let's go electing an officialm ascot.
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:42:38 -0800

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 19:13:38 -0800
Alex Perez <aperez@student.santarosa.edu> wrote:
> Seriously, do you REALLY want a WHALE as your mascot? Just think of
> the jokes.....Big, lethargic (even though in reality they're not), you
> could make jokes about GNUstep beaching itself, then. What does a
> whale have to do with GNUstep?

What would a Tapir have to do with GNUstep? Or does a Chameleon with
SuSE? Both aren't particularly known for being the brightest bulb in
the closet.

If you had paid attention to your Biology teacher instead of trying to
land the girl sitting next to you, you'd know that Orca

- is short for Orcinus orca
- belongs to the order of Cetacea, subfamily Delphinidae
- is also called Killer Whale (because it attacks them, not because it
  is one)
- is believed to be smarter than it's dolphin and porpoise cousin. For
  one, it's the only fish (it smells like one anyway) that can hunt
  both, on land and at sea

Think about it.

--
Chris