Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer

From: Rogelio M . Serrano Jr .
Subject: Re: [OT] GentooLinux GNUstep Developer
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:30:19 +0800

On 2003-11-27 18:02:06 +0800 MJ Ray <mjr@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

Chad Hardin <cehardin@mac.com> wrote:
They don't allow for exceptions to be made for *Debian* packages. That is why I created my own GNUstep repository for GNUstep stuff which installs in sensible locations.

Same reason why im building my own distro. Its not just about unix anymore. Debian is unix like. The stuff i want to do does not mix well with unix. It even
clashes with unix.

Why is splattering the root dir any more sensible than installing into
/usr/lib/GNUstep ?

For me the openstep layout is better than the sysv layout.