Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: thisguyisi
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 05:01:58 -0800

Pascal J.Bourguignon wrote:
Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf writes:

A lot of people I talked to miss the Windows native look and feel.
Currently GNUstep draws it's own Widgets.

Since I  don't use  MS-Windows, I  don't mind the  look of  GNUstep on
MS-Windows. If having the MS-Windows  look allow us developers to have
more users on MS-Windows, so be it.

(Of course, that would be completely different on unix :-)

As a MS-Windows user, I would prefer a GNUstep look rather than windows look. If I'm stuck using Windows, I at least don't want it to look like it.

Hence WindowBlinds, NextSTART, and CubeDock to "NeXTify" my friggin Windows system.

(Personal Opinion) Windows is _ugly_.

However, once themeing is developed, it would of course help the goal of being "cross-platform" by making available "Windows-looking" rather than "GNUstep-looking" widgets.

That said, the look should be user-configurable, so they _could_  be "GNUstep-looking" if the user preferred.

Best Regards,
-Lee