Re: GNUstep on MS Windows

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: Re: GNUstep on MS Windows
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2003 20:14:39 -0600

On Dec 6, 2003, at 8:01 PM, Fabien VALLON wrote:
Chris Hanson (cmh@mac.com) wrote :
(2) Add support for NSWindows95InterfaceStyle and
NSWindowsXPInterfaceStyle to the Windows back-end.

Why not "simply" use Workplace.exe instead of ie.exe as default shell ?

Uh, what?

I develop commercial software. I can tell you that to a third-order approximation that zero percent of Windows customers will be interested in anything of the sort.

There may be enterprise users who are willing to put up with the current GNUstep interface on mission-critical custom applications, if it means they can be developed in half the time. Even in this case, though, it's absolutely imperative that GNUstep applications running on Windows interoperate well with other Windows applications.

If a user wants to run GNUstep as an environment, they're almost 100% likely to be running an Open Source BSD- or Linux-based operating system underneath it.

  -- Chris

--
Chris Hanson <cmh@bdistributed.com>
bDistributed.com, Inc.