Re: makefile skeletons?

From: Dirk Olmes
Subject: Re: makefile skeletons?
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:00:51 +0100 (MET)

> Another use is as a commented reference of which variables you can use in
> each type of GNUmakefile.  Presumably having example GNUmakefiles
> containing a list of all variables which can be defined with comments, and
> examples of how to define them, would be a useful reference.
>
> Any comments ?

Yes, please!
Now the usual approach is to search around until I find a GNUmakefile that
from which I can copy what I need. This is not only tedious but annoying.
A comprehensive set of examples would help me a lot and I guess it's the
same for a lot of others, too.

-dirk

--
Anyway kids, have fun, play nicely, be good. And remember - if it ain't
broke, hit it again.