Re: [Q] New to GNUstep -- VERY basic documentation?

From: Sascha Erni, -.rb
Subject: Re: [Q] New to GNUstep -- VERY basic documentation?
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:54:19 +0100

Hi there,

Dennis Leeuw wrote:
> Well there sin't much documentation yet.
> There is the gnustep wiki: wiki.gnustep.org
> And I try to maintain a documentation library at: gnustep.made-it.com
> I once started a real beginners guide but that was I think 3 or 4 years
> ago. And it really wasn't the time for it (next to the fact that I wrote
> it in HTML).
>
> Might be an idea to restart that. But with the current documents I am
> working on and the coding I am learning, there isn't much time left.

Sounds familiar. I'll check it out anyway, and should you need help regarding documentation (editing, etc.), feel free to approach me.

> So I would say, ask your questions, and maybe we can create a FAQ out of
> that, and later work on some better documentation.

Can-do. My friend suggested using [FAQ] in the subject and threading my questions. After some weeks / few months, we could grab the lot, streamline the (hopefully plentiful) discussions, and ey presto, FAQ. Do you think that's a viable approach, i.e. won't it bother too many regulars at discuss-gnustep?

93,
-Sascha.rb
--
mailto:rb@nggalai.com