Re: GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: GNUstep.org (Sorry that I have to move this out of the webmaster
Date: 09 Jan 2004 12:17:00 GMT

Banlu Kemiyatorn <id@project-ile.net> wrote:
> You already shown that your team [...] didn't do it well.

One person made an error. I'm not convinced that it was a particularly
serious error, even if it was avoidable. I don't believe that a team led
by you would never make an error. Here's the big message:

    People make mistakes sometimes.

You can say that it was an error and I'll agree with you. You can make
false claims, misrepresentations and try to start a coup on discuss and
I'll get annoyed with you.

[...]
> http://www.advogato.org/person/id/diary.html?start=43

That URL includes:
>:  Anyway, I also found out that slef is a retard.

That's a personal attack. You shouldn't do that.

>:  Speaking of community. Why should a free software web site development
>:  been taken under one's conspiracy? How could it be wrong that I
>:  took one issue from a place that even some core developers don't
>:  even know of to the public?

I don't understand what you mean by conspiracy there. I have been working
pretty openly and trying to keep people informed, but it wasn't ready for
public test.

It is not wrong that you posted the issue to discuss, but it is wrong
that you didn't post the same issues to webmasters so that we could fix
the worst of them as soon as possible.

>:  This retard has no point. I honestly don't even want to flame neither
>:  him nor anyone in my first mail (Which I already stated it clear). He
>:  later went to the IRC and act like an idiot. He was trolling without
>:  answering, talking in french sentences or something with my name.

Two clear points: webmasters should at least get a cc of you flaming
them on discuss. Representing old ideas from webmasters as your new
ideas is misleading.

I did not troll. I think I answered all your questions, but apologies
if I missed any. It seemed that you put me on /ignore part way through,
so maybe you missed one. I thought you suggested that English wasn't
the easiest for you, so I offered you some other languages, to try to
make it more even.

>:  He
>:  also claimed that my pointing out of mmmaybe.gimp.org, mentioning
>:  branch, CVS, been tested didn't represent that in my opinion, an
>:  experiment website shouldn't be publicized without having tested by
>:  community effort for a while.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

>:  More than that he shown his logic is corrupted by pointing out that
>:  my name isn't listed in the "Who's who?" website and comparing that
>:  to what I found that he never really join the IRC.

You asked who I was. I pointed one place where you can find out. For better
or worse, search engines know me too. Same doesn't seem true of you.

I do join IRC #gnustep, but I'm not there 24-7 like you. I don't think
that is worth getting upset about.

>:  With my best
>:  regards, I won't let my name be listed there, even if I have to lose
>:  the maintainer status of GNUstep's cairo-backend which is about to
>:  be integrated into the CVS tree, without his official apologizing to
>:  the community for showing no respect to their freedom to be informed
>:  about the topic that belongs to the public.

I do respect their right to be informed, but I had done nothing that was
ready to announce myself. So, I have nothing to apologise for. Further,
I think you are being absurd: if you are willing to ditch a backend
because someone criticised you on something else, then surely you don't
respect their freedom either?

> Anyway I am not going to troll this further.

Glad we agree about what you are doing.

--
MJR/slef