Re: [Ann] Zipper 0.3

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: [Ann] Zipper 0.3
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:08:59 -0800

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:37:17 +0100 (MET)
"Dirk Olmes" <dirk@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:
[...]
> > - The first time I opened an archive, Zipper rightly tell me that I
> > didn't had set the paths for tar/unzip/rar, and displayed the
> > preferences panel. But the problem is that it tried anyway to do
> > something, and thus crashed because tar was still unset.
> This will be adressed in the next version correctly. I plan to
> generate a plist with the paths upon 'make install' and pick it up
> when the app starts.
[...]

The attached file contains a directory DIFF/ with 3 diffs and a category
to NSFileManager.

The category adds -locateExecutable: that scans PATH for the specified
executable and returns the path to it.

The diff for PreferencesController.m contains a simple modification to
-init, that uses the above method, if the userdefault for the executable
isn't set (eg. first launch of Zipper).

The diff for Preferences.h contains three #define for the binary names
of tar, g(un)zip and (un)rar. These may have to be changed first.

The diff for GNUmakefile adds the entries for NSFileManager+Custom.

Hope that's useful,

--
Chris