Re: [Ann] Zipper 0.3

From: Dirk Olmes
Subject: Re: [Ann] Zipper 0.3
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:17:19 +0100

On 2004-01-20 19:08:59 +0100 Chris B. Vetter <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 10:37:17 +0100 (MET)
"Dirk Olmes" <dirk@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:
[...]
- The first time I opened an archive, Zipper rightly tell me that I
didn't had set the paths for tar/unzip/rar, and displayed the
preferences panel. But the problem is that it tried anyway to do
something, and thus crashed because tar was still unset.
This will be adressed in the next version correctly. I plan to
generate a plist with the paths upon 'make install' and pick it up
when the app starts.
[...]

The attached file contains a directory DIFF/ with 3 diffs and a category
to NSFileManager.

The category adds -locateExecutable: that scans PATH for the specified
executable and returns the path to it.

Thanks a lot. I've refactored Zipper a lot so the patch didn't apply anymore.
However, I like the NSFileManager category and included it in Zipper's strategy
to look for unarchivers now. I've also improved the handling of missing
archivers at startup so that crashes caused by this effect won't happen anymore.

Watch out for a new release shortly,

-dirk