Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++

From: Travis Griggs
Subject: Re: [objc-improvements-branch] About to start ObjC++
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:36:32 -0800

Ziemowit Laski wrote:
Hello,

This is just a friendly heads-up that the objc-improvements-branch,
previously used to integrate Apple's ObjC fixes into the mainline,
shall henceforth be used to develop the Objective-C++ front-end,
to be integrated into mailine 3.5 upon completion.

Once objc-improvements-branch becomes even minimally usable, I'll
send out another notice so that folks can try it out.

I'm a lurker. I play with ObjC now and then again and have toyed with using it on our dedicated processing machines. Though the Gnustep group seems to be focused on building an objc desktop environment, I benefit in a side-affect way because of the great work they do in providing a good base library.

So my question for you is, what do your efforts mean for me as a simple application programmer? I abhor C++ the language (some of the semantic compiler improvements such as declare variables anywhere are nice). Do I get to look forward to C++ idioms infecting the base library?

--
Travis Griggs
Objologist