Re: gnustep-make and NSPathUtilities patch

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: gnustep-make and NSPathUtilities patch
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:46:18 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Sheldon,

thanks for looking into this, it's very interesting.

I can't look at all of it now, just wanted to quickly point out that ...

> QUESTIONS-FHS
> ==============
> If the Developer sub-tree is for things of relevance only to Developers
> (which is the NeXT/Apple way)
> * Headers should go here
> * So should all API documentation
> * and Applications specifically for development

... that we promised to our users not to change the filesystem structure
again for the next few years. :-)

The Developer sub-hierarchy was ruled out of the previous filesystem
change.  You can look at the mailing list archives for reasons.

Anyway, the filesystem we have is what we have, after long discussions,
and I don't think we can change it just again. :-)

[Does it make that much difference anyway ;-) ?]