Problems with gnustep-gui in Cygwin

From: Marc Ordinas i Llopis
Subject: Problems with gnustep-gui in Cygwin
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:44:03 +0100

Hi all,

I've been trying to build gnustep-gui and the X11 back-end on Cygwin using Xcygwin as server. Pure cygwin, not cygwin->mingw32. Everything compiles OK, but programs segfault when loading the gnustep-gui.dll, at startup if linked in or at load-time if the program tries it using dload(). It gives that strange cygwin error of "can't allocate child stack", but debugging I found the problem to be in the initialization, as the segfault comes from _cygwin_init_dll.

Anyone else ever tried this? Any luck?

Thanks,

Marc Ordinas i Llopis

PS: On the other hand, on mingw32 everything works correctly, but the Win32 back-end doesn't do much yet. Does anyone know of X client libraries for mingw32?