Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support

From: Kazunobu Kuriyama
Subject: Re: GNUstep back: won't compile with art support
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:55:26 +0900

Sascha Erni, .rb wrote:

Hi there,

I can't compile the GNUstep backend with art support, successfully:

./configure --enable-graphics=art --with-name=art

will work, no errors, but "make" produces a lot of:

ftfont.m: In function `-[FTFontInfo initWithFontName:matrix:screenFont:]':
ftfont.m:721: error: structure has no member named `font'

and a lot more "structure has no member named 'font'". libart is installed, with devel packages. I run a CVS version of GNUstep, but the same error appears with the latest "stable" back version (0.9.2). Anybody got any idea where I can start searching for the problem, or rather, a solution? I haven't given a shot at a full "stable" re-install of GNUstep, but I remember that a few months back it still compiled just fine.

libart / libart_lgpl hasn't been updated on my system for a while, now. At least I didn't do it incidentially. ;) I did install GNOME 2.6, mind, which uses this library, too; but I wasn't notified GNOME needed a newer version of libart. Version of libart_lgpl is 2.3.16, according to the package management system it's the same version that has been on my computer for months.

Cheers,
-Sascha.rb

Seems that the problem is not relevant to libart/libart_lgpl, but to freetype2.

Check the following:

(1) Have you already installed freetype2 library including its headers in your system? (2) Before runnning the configure script, has PATH been set in such a way that it includes a directory where freetype-config resides? freetype-config is another shell script that is accompanied (and should have been installed) with the
   library.

If you find yourself in need of building freetype2 by yourself, make sure that the build process is configured in such a way that the library's cache subsystem
is enabled. Otherwise, you will get some runtime errors.

freetype-2.1.4 works fine. IIRC, the versions higher than that require a patch,
but I'm not sure.  Hopefully, someone would give a comment on that.

Regards,
- Kazunobu Kuriyama